As our business continues to grow, we need an enthusiastic Tire Tech to join our Porsche Salt Lake City team. We are focused on delivering an excellent customer experience and creating long term, repeat business relationships with all of our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Tire Technician is responsible for installing tires and performing alignments; excellent problem-solving abilities; must be a good communicator, able to explain to Service Advisors issues with tires; at all times providing an exceptional customer experience. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, as assigned. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
- Punctual and regular attendance.
- Responsible to inspect and install specialized tires and rims.
- Perform vehicle balancing, tire mounting, and wheel alignments.
- Examine tires for signs of wear and failure; informing the Service Advisor of any issues.
- Manage and track tire storage facility; including both summer and winter tires.
- Inform the Shop Foreman/Manager of difficulties with rotations and the need for additional repairs.
- Self-Development: Attend training seminars, shop meetings and service schools.
- Customer Relations: Attentive to customer needs and responsive to customer inquiries where appropriate.
- Team Effort: Demonstrates a concern for meeting departmental needs through activities such as accepting overtime work, following up on needed parts, helping other technicians and training apprentices.
- Practice safe work habits and use personal protective equipment as required.
- Any other task required by your manager.
Job Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Must maintain a positive and enthusiastic attitude in all that we do.
- Demonstrate high character and achieve high results.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and provide friendly customer service.
- Maintain effective team member relations.
- Ability to maintain emotional control in stressful situations.
- Must maintain a clean, safe working environment at all times
- Able to use dealer DMS system, technical software and manufacturers’ diagnostic equipment as required.
- Must read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records.
- Familiar with current technical developments and products, and the ability to stay current with technical bulletins and product updates.
- Handle customer vehicles with care, keep them clean and take precautions to protect all customer vehicles while at the dealership.
- Ensuring the customer experience is the best in the business.
Education and Certifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Prior experience as an automotive technician is preferred.
- The ability to work independently with limited supervision and the motivation to continually increase product knowledge should be evident.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver license.
- Must possess and maintain an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Ability to drive manual transmission vehicles.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reaching, bending, twisting, ability to operate hand tools. Requires frequent lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds unassisted. Adequate physical ability including sufficient manual dexterity to perform the requisite job functions, including the ability to maneuver inside, outside, and under a vehicle as required for diagnosis and repair. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Requires frequent bending, reaching, repetitive hand movements, standing, walking, squatting and sitting, with some heavy lifting, pushing and pulling exerted regularly throughout a regular work shift. Ability to work with arms and hands above head for extended periods of time. Ability to work in extreme weather conditions in both summer and winter.
- Our employees come first
- Customers have a great experience if they work with employees that love their work.
- Upward mobility
- We promote from within. Employees have the opportunity to and interview for open job positions that match their abilities and resume.
- Employee Discounts
- Employees are eligible for discounts on vehicles, parts, and service through the seven manufacturers we represent.
- Medical and Dental coverage
- Pet insurance
- EAP- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K with a company match
- Paid vacation
- Employee Assistance Program with free counseling sessions
Schomp Automotive Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer