WHO WE ARE:
Mercedes-Benz of Farmington is a world-class, “Best of The Best” award winning dealership. We’re driven by our values; We are a Competitive group – We want to WIN. We are Adaptable – Willing to change if there is a better way to deliver a great experience for our guests. We are Consistent – We do it right or fix it fast. We are Respectful – Teamwork is key to our success. And finally, we want to demonstrate Empathy – The power of authentic connection.
At Mercedes-Benz of Farmington, we believe that Work-Life Integration is more than just a catch phrase. Our dealership is closed on Sundays & Mondays because we know family time is the most important time.
We’re building a world-class team – we operate out of the nicest Mercedes-Benz dealership in Utah, equipped with great employee and guest amenities, including an in-house work-out facility. Our organization is a place with limitless advancement opportunities…if you’re looking for a home, not just a job, we hope you will consider Mercedes-Benz of Farmington.
Relocation assistance and signing bonus are negotiable for the right candidate.
Apply at careers.schomp.com.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
A driven working Shop Foreman that is excited to continue building both our team and our business. Someone that has a strong background of managing shop throughput while understanding that our greatest duty is to serve our guests. We’re looking for someone that wants to grow, that has aspirations to do more and build a career. Ideally, you should have Mercedes-Benz technician experience. It’s not critical that you have been a Shop Foreman, it is critical that you want to grow and have the foundation to take the next step.
Why Mercedes-Benz of Farmington?
- We offer competitive pay and relocation packages!
- Medical, Dental and Prescription coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee discounts on vehicle purchases, parts and service
- Paid time-off
- Supplemental benefit plans including short-term disability, long-term disability, supplemental life insurance and All-State Insurance products.
- On site Gym
- Maintain Customer Satisfaction Index rating at least comparable to that of the manufacturer, zone or branch average. Maintain a dealership-prescribed standard for “hours per customer repair order written.”
- Luxury brand Shop Foreman experience highly desired.
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, as well as OSHA and the rules governing the disposal of hazardous wastes, right-to-know, etc.
- Ensure that all documents are accounted for.
- Accomplish the forecast that has been established by the general manager and service manager.
- Maintain contact with service customers on a timely basis and in a professional manner.
- Check job status as often as necessary, but at least twice each shift.
- Report to customer any change in time promised and notify him or her of any additional repairs that may be required. Open and close repair orders.
- Check customer credit status. Handle routine complaints and make adjustments for jobs that require one hour or less. Recommend adjustments greater than this to the Service Manager.
- Prepare a list of equipment, supplies and repairs required, and review with the Service Manager as needed.
- Assign work to technicians.
- Ensure that technicians follow warranty material disposition procedures.
- Prepare estimates when required. Review any estimate over $ with the Service Manager before quoting.
- Administer safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Review hard copies turned in by technicians to ensure that assigned work has been performed and the repair order has been completed properly.
- Spot-check repairs to assure quality and timely completion.
- Communicate carefully and completely with the next shift supervisor by an agreed-upon method
- (notes, computer files, verbally, etc.)
- Schedule maintenance of service vehicles and equipment.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- At least one year of experience in an automotive repair facility.
- ASE certification is preferred.
- General mechanical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and in person.
- Professional personal appearance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reaching, bending, twisting, ability to operate hand tools. Requires frequent lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds unassisted. Adequate physical ability including sufficient manual dexterity to perform the requisite job functions. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Requires frequent bending, reaching, repetitive hand movements, standing, walking, squatting and sitting, with some heavy lifting, pushing and pulling exerted regularly throughout a regular work shift. Ability to work in extreme weather conditions in both summer and winter.
Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position
- Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Schomp Automotive Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer