As our business continues to grow, we need an enthusiastic Parts Stock Clerk to join our Mercedes-Benz of Farmington team. We are focused on delivering an excellent customer experience and creating long term, repeat business relationships with all of our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Parts Stock Clerk will be responsible for ensuring accurate filling of customer orders; able to verify part number; able to correctly ship and receive parts; support the stocking and pulling of parts; responsible to deliver parts, as needed; must be a good communicator, able to explain to Parts Advisors issues with inventory issues; at all times providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Punctual and regular attendance.
- Responsible to receipt delivered parts; update DMS with checked in parts; and organize parts in appropriate bins; or create bin locations for new stock items.
- Print invoices from DMS, pull and load parts to ensure order is complete, verify each order for accuracy.
- Pull, package and ship Warranty and Part Returns to the manufacturer or correct vendor.
- Complete daily bin checks to ensure accuracy of parts on shelves.
- Responsible for keeping the parts department, including aisleways, clean and organized; remove any boxes, transporting them to the dumpster.
- Deliver parts to customers, verifying the orders are correct and complete before leaving; collecting monies as specified on delivery notice. Never leaving parts without payment, unless authorized by the Parts Manager.
- Pick-up parts ordered by the parts department from local suppliers.
- Must follow safe driving practices, observe all traffic laws and maintain a clean driving record.
- Maintain accurate and complete delivery log.
- Ability to operate a full size vehicle, change a flat-tire, etc. in all weather conditions.
- Ability to follow navigation system, read maps, understand the street numbering systems.
- Maintain the appearance and cleanliness of the Parts delivery vehicle.
- Customer Relations: attentive to customer needs and responsive to customer inquiries where appropriate.
- Model professionalism and approach all situations as a representative of the company.
- Team Effort: Demonstrates a concern for meeting departmental needs through activities such as accepting overtime work, following up on needed parts, helping other technicians and training apprentices.
- Practice safe work habits and use personal protective equipment as required.
- Any other task required by your manager.
Job Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Must maintain a positive and enthusiastic attitude in all that we do.
- Must maintain a professional appearance and provide friendly customer service.
- Maintain effective team member relations.
- Ability to maintain emotional control in stressful situations.
- Must be able to read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records.
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow through.
- Able to use/learn to use: ASR, dealer DMS system, technical software and manufacturer's diagnostic equipment as required.
- Ability to adopt and support new processes and changes to help in employee and customer satisfaction.
- Must maintain a clean, safe working environment at all times.
- Possess outstanding work ethic.
- Handle all vehicles with care, keep them clean and take precautions to protect all vehicles at the dealership.
Education and Certifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience.
- The ability to work independently with limited supervision and the motivation to continually increase product knowledge should be evident.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver license.
- Must possess and maintain an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Ability to drive manual transmission vehicles.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to speak clearly so listeners can understand, as well as the ability to understand the speech of another person.
- Adequate physical ability including sufficient manual dexterity, including ability to operate computers, tablets, phones, key-boxes and other office machines to perform the requisite job functions.
- Visual acuity to see details of objects that are less than a few feet away. Requires extended screen time, including reading and entering information in multiple computer screens.
- Must be able to sit or stand in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Requires frequent reaching, bending, repetitive hand movements, twisting, standing, walking, sitting, squatting, pushing, and pulling exerted regularly throughout a regular work shift.
- Requires frequent lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions in both summer and winter.
- Regular, punctual attendance is required.
- Our employees come first
- Customers have a great experience if they work with employees that love their work.
- Upward mobility
- We promote from within. Employees have the opportunity to and interview for open job positions that match their abilities and resume.
- Employee Discounts
- Employees are eligible for discounts on vehicles, parts, and service through the seven manufacturers we represent.
- Medical and Dental coverage
- Pet insurance
- EAP- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K with a company match
- Paid vacation
- Employee Assistance Program with free counseling sessions
Schomp Automotive Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer