WHO WE ARE:
Mercedes-Benz of Farmington is a world-class, “Best of The Best” award winning dealership. We’re driven by our values; We are a Competitive group – We want to WIN. We are Adaptable – Willing to change if there is a better way to deliver a great experience for our guests. We are Consistent – We do it right or fix it fast. We are Respectful – Teamwork is key to our success. And finally, we want to demonstrate Empathy – The power of authentic connection.
At Mercedes-Benz of Farmington, we believe that Work-Life Integration is more than just a catch phrase. Our dealership is closed on Sundays & Mondays because we know family time is the most important time.
We’re building a world-class team – we operate out of the nicest Mercedes-Benz dealership in Utah, equipped with great employee and guest amenities, including an in-house work-out facility. Our organization is a place with limitless advancement opportunities…if you’re looking for a home, not just a job, we hope you will consider Mercedes-Benz of Farmington.
Apply at careers.schomp.com
The Express Technician is responsible for troubleshooting vehicle issues and fixing them; excellent problem-solving abilities; must be a good communicator, able to explain to Service Advisors issues with vehicles; at all times providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Punctual and regular attendance.
- Service vehicles in a timely manner for routine scheduled maintenance in accordance with dealer and manufacturer recommendations; aiming to extend vehicle functionality and longevity.
- Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issues.
- Communicate all repair order issues and estimated repair times via ASR to keep all pertinent parties up to date on vehicle repairs.
- Inform the Shop Foreman of difficulties with repairs and the need for additional repairs.
- Comebacks: limit comebacks on repair assignments to departmental standards.
- Self-development: attend training seminars, shop meetings, and service schools.
- Customer Relations: attentive to customer needs and responsive to customer inquiries where appropriate.
- Team Effort: demonstrate a concern for meeting team/departmental needs through activities such as accepting overtime, following up on needed parts, helping other technicians, and training apprentices.
- Practice safe work habits, follow the company’s safety policies, and use personal protective equipment as required.
- Provide complete stories in DMS on all jobs.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by management.
- Adhere to the Company’s Core Values of Competitive, Consistent, Adaptable, Respectful, and Empathetic.
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Prior experience as an automotive technician or thorough technical training. Mechanical skills must be sufficient to diagnose and repair given sufficient product training. Ability to provide a tech school/training completion certificate.
- The ability to work independently with limited supervision and the motivation to continually increase product knowledge should be evident.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver license.
- Must possess and maintain an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Ability to drive manual transmission vehicles.
- Maintain effective team member relations.
- Ability to maintain emotional control in stressful situations.
- Must be able to read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records.
- Familiar with current technical developments and products, and the ability to stay current with technical bulletins and product updates.
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow through.
- Able to use/learn to use: ASR, dealer DMS system, technical software and manufacturer's diagnostic equipment as required.
- Handle all vehicles with care, keep them clean and take precautions to protect all vehicles at the dealership.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reaching, bending, twisting, ability to operate hand tools. Requires frequent lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds unassisted. Adequate physical ability including sufficient manual dexterity to perform the requisite job functions. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Requires frequent bending, reaching, repetitive hand movements, standing, walking, squatting and sitting, with some heavy lifting, pushing and pulling exerted regularly throughout a regular work shift. Ability to work in extreme weather conditions in both summer and winter.
Our team members enjoy a positive working environment with opportunities for professional growth through training and advancement from within the organization. Our team members also enjoy a comprehensive benefits program including:
A competitive compensation package that rewards high-performers
Medical, Dental and Prescription coverage
401(k) with company match
Employee discounts on vehicle purchases, parts and service
We also offer a group of supplemental benefit plans including short-term disability, long-term disability, supplemental life insurance and All-State Insurance products.
Comprehensive employee recognition programs
Continued training through Mercedes-Benz of Farmington and the manufacturer
Opportunities for career advancement
Fully equipped workout gym!
Please no phone calls or in person submittals – All applications must be completed and submitted online – We will review your resume and be in contact with you should it fit our current needs and requirements – Thank you for your interest in the Mercedes-Benz of Farmington. Apply online at careers.schomp.com.
Employees will observe all policies and guidelines as set forth by Mercedes-Benz of Farmington. Employees must be attentive to customer needs and responsive to customer inquiries. Must maintain clean and orderly work area. Submit to and successfully complete background check, and pre-employment drug test.
Mercedes-Benz of Farmington, a Schomp Automotive Group Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.