WHO WE ARE:
Mercedes-Benz of Farmington is a world-class, “Best of The Best” award winning dealership. We’re driven by our values; We are a Competitive group – We want to WIN. We are Adaptable – Willing to change if there is a better way to deliver a great experience for our guests. We are Consistent – We do it right or fix it fast. We are Respectful – Teamwork is key to our success. And finally, we want to demonstrate Empathy – The power of authentic connection.
At Mercedes-Benz of Farmington, we believe that Work-Life Integration is more than just a catch phrase. Our dealership is closed on Sundays & Mondays because we know family time is the most important time.
We’re building a world-class team – we operate out of the nicest Mercedes-Benz dealership in Utah, equipped with great employee and guest amenities, including an in-house work-out facility. Our organization is a place with limitless advancement opportunities…if you’re looking for a home, not just a job, we hope you will consider Mercedes-Benz of Farmington.
Apply at careers.schomp.com
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Automotive Parts Specialist is responsible to accurately and efficiently specify and fill correct parts for technicians, retail, and wholesale customers; at all times providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Punctual and regular attendance.
- Handle orders and request for information efficiently via telephone and over-the-counter customer by understanding the manufacturer’s parts system and ordering procedures.
- Responsible to accurately specify and identify parts needed to meet customer requirements, so that number of parts returns due to errors is low.
- Promote the sale of appropriate parts and accessories by accurately identifying the customer’s needs and promoting the benefits of using genuine OEM parts.
- Maintain accurate sales and inventory records of all invoiced items. Accurately cost out parts and accessories on counter tickets and repair orders.
- Generate goodwill by greeting and serving every customer anywhere on dealership property courteously and promptly. Listen for and answer phones in expedient manner.
- Provide a high level of personal service to internal, wholesale, and retail customers by assisting them in identifying and obtaining needed parts.
- Establish on ongoing support relationship with wholesale customers by answering questions and assisting them in obtaining needed parts.
- Follow-up on special order items; notify the customer and technician when received.
- Follow-up the sales process by issuing parts and accessories to technicians and preparing and pulling orders for delivery and will call.
- Maintain the appearance and cleanliness of counters, displays, shelves, bins, and customer contact areas by following good housekeeping procedures.
- Customer Relations: attentive to customer needs and responsive to customer inquiries where appropriate.
- Model professionalism and approach all situations as a representative of the company.
- Team Effort: Demonstrates a concern for meeting departmental needs through activities such as accepting overtime work, following up on needed parts, helping other technicians and training apprentices.
- Practice safe work habits and use personal protective equipment as required.
- Any other task required by your manager.
Job Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Must maintain a positive and enthusiastic attitude in all that we do.
- Demonstrate high character and achieve high results.
- Must maintain a professional appearance and provide friendly customer service.
- Maintain effective team member relations.
- Ability to maintain emotional control in stressful situations.
- Must be able to read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records.
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow through.
- Familiar with current technical developments and products, and the ability to stay current with technical bulletins and product updates.
- Able to use/learn to use: ASR, dealer DMS system, technical software and manufacturer's diagnostic equipment as required.
- Ability to adopt and support new processes and changes to help in employee and customer satisfaction.
- Must maintain a clean, safe working environment at all times.
- Possess outstanding work ethic.
- Handle all vehicles with care, keep them clean and take precautions to protect all vehicles at the dealership.
Education and Certifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Prior experience as a Parts Counter Person, is preferred.
- The ability to work independently with limited supervision and the motivation to continually increase product knowledge should be evident.
- The self-concept of professional should be coupled with concern for quality service and customer satisfaction.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver license.
- Must possess and maintain an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Ability to drive manual transmission vehicles.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to speak clearly so listeners can understand, as well as the ability to understand the speech of another person.
- Adequate physical ability including sufficient manual dexterity, including ability to operate computers, tablets, phones, key-boxes and other office machines to perform the requisite job functions.
- Visual acuity to see details of objects that are less than a few feet away. Requires extended screen time, including reading and entering information in multiple computer screens.
- Must be able to sit or stand in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Requires frequent reaching, bending, repetitive hand movements, twisting, standing, walking, sitting, squatting, pushing, and pulling exerted regularly throughout a regular work shift.
- Requires frequent lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions in both summer and winter.
- Regular, punctual attendance is required.
- Our employees come first
- Customers have a great experience if they work with employees that love their work.
- Upward mobility
- We promote from within. Employees have the opportunity to and interview for open job positions that match their abilities and resume.
- Employee Discounts
- Employees are eligible for discounts on vehicles, parts, and service through the seven manufacturers we represent.
- Medical and Dental coverage
- Pet insurance
- EAP- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K with a company match
- Paid vacation
- Employee Assistance Program with free counseling sessions
Schomp Automotive Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer