What You'll Do:
A Service Technician is responsible for troubleshooting vehicle issues and fixing them; well-versed in complex mechanical or electrical systems of vehicles; excellent problem-solving abilities; must be a good communicator, able to explain to customers issues with their vehicle; at all times providing an exceptional customer experience.
Our team members enjoy a positive working environment with opportunities for professional growth through training and advancement from within the organization. Our team members also enjoy a comprehensive benefits program including
- A competitive compensation package that rewards high-performers
- Medical, Dental and Prescription coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee discounts on vehicle purchases, parts and service
- Paid time-off
- We also offer a group of supplemental benefit plans including short-term disability, long-term disability, supplemental life insurance and All-State Insurance products.
- Comprehensive employee recognition programs
- Continued training through Schomp and the dealer manufacturer
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Gym reimbursement
Duties and Responsibilities
- Service vehicles in a timely manner for routine scheduled maintenance in accordance with dealer and manufacturer recommendations; aiming to extend vehicle functionality and longevity.
- Comebacks: Limit comebacks to less than two percent (2%) of total repair assignments.
- Self-Development: Attend training seminars, shop meetings and service schools.
- Customer Relations: Attentive to customer needs and responsive to customer inquiries where appropriate.
- Team Effort: Demonstrates a concern for meeting departmental needs through activities such as accepting overtime work, following up on needed parts, helping other technicians and training apprentices.
- Productivity: Achieve an average productivity rate of at least ninety-two to ninety-four percent (92%-94%).
- Efficiency: Maintain a minimum efficiency rate of one hundred ten to one hundred fifteen percent (110%-115%).
- Practice safe work habits and use personal protective equipment as required.
- Any other task required by your manager.
Education + Experience:
- Prior experience as an automotive technician or thorough technical training. Mechanical skills must be sufficient to diagnose and repair given sufficient product training.
- The ability to work independently with limited supervision and the motivation to continually increase technical skills should be evident.
- A complete and up-to-date set of tools is required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must possess and maintain an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- Ability to drive manual transmission vehicles
- Tech school/training completion certificate
Schomp Automotive Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 – $40.00 per hour