Location: Aurora, CO
Career Area: Service
Employment Type: Full Time
Position Type: Hourly (Flag rate)
Pay Range: $20.00 – $40.00 per flat rate hour
Schedule: Monday – Friday, only 1 Saturday will be required each month
Our team members enjoy a positive working environment with opportunities for professional growth through training and advancement from within the organization. Our team members also enjoy a comprehensive benefits program including the following!
- We are very pet friendly and offer pet insurance!
- Medical, Dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid Time off – Vacation, sick and benefit days
- Short term and long term disability
- Accident insurance
- Allstate Insurance Products
- On site Gym/ Gym reimbursement
- Comprehensive employee recognition programs
- A competitive compensation package that rewards high-performers
- Continued Training through Schomp and the dealer manufacturer
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Employees are eligible for discounts on vehicles, parts and service
Our Employees Come First
- Customers have a great experience if they work with employees that love their work
What You'll Do:
A Service Technician is responsible for troubleshooting vehicle issues and fixing them; well-versed in complex mechanical or electrical systems of vehicles; excellent problem-solving abilities; must be a good communicator, able to explain to customers issues with their vehicle; at all times providing an exceptional customer experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Service vehicles in a timely manner for routine scheduled maintenance in accordance with dealer and manufacturer recommendations; aiming to extend vehicle functionality and longevity.
- Self-Development: Attend training seminars, shop meetings and service schools.
- Customer Relations: Attentive to customer needs and responsive to customer inquiries where appropriate.
- Team Effort: Demonstrates a concern for meeting departmental needs through activities such as accepting overtime work, following up on needed parts, helping other technicians and training apprentices.
- Practice safe work habits and use personal protective equipment as required.
- Any other task required by your manager.
Education + Experience:
- Prior experience as an automotive technician or thorough technical training. Mechanical skills must be sufficient to diagnose and repair given sufficient product training.
- The ability to work independently with limited supervision and the motivation to continually increase technical skills should be evident.
- A complete and up-to-date set of tools is required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must possess and maintain an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- Ability to drive manual transmission vehicles
- Tech school/training completion certificate
Schomp Automotive Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer