Location: Aurora, CO. Highlands Ranch, CO
Employment Type: Full Time
Position Type: Hourly
Pay: $14.00 – $22.00 per hour
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced Automotive Detailer to join the family!
The Detail Technician is responsible for cleaning and refurbishing new and used vehicles; provides thorough inspection of vehicle condition to determine appropriate cleaning measures; handles everything from a simple wash and vacuum to more intensive cleaning jobs; must have a good eye for detail; at all times providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Punctual and regular attendance.
- Perform inspection of vehicle for cleaning needs and determining best course of action, maintain complete and accurate records of vehicle’s condition.
- Clean vehicle interiors and exteriors in compliance with all company standards and customer requests.
- Operate buffers, steamers, hoses, vacuums, and other cleaning equipment to meet service expectations.
- Use cleaning, protective, and restorative agents to maintain and enhance the appearance of vehicles.
- Clean engine and engine compartment.
- Apply touch-up paint to chipped body surfaces.
- Inform the Detail Manager of difficulties with the detail.
- Ensure all chemicals are properly labeled and appropriately used.
- Move and park vehicles, delivering vehicles to correct locations.
- Practice safe work habits, follow the company’s safety policies, and use personal protective equipment as required.
- Patrol dealership lots for trash and debris.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by management.
Education, Experience and Certification
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Prior experience as a detail technician is preferred.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver license.
- Must possess and maintain an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Ability to drive manual transmission vehicles.
- Evening and Saturday work will be required as job duties demand. Scheduled shifts will be determined by the manager, with rotating shifts throughout the work week.
Our team members enjoy a positive working environment with opportunities for professional growth through training and advancement from within the organization. Our team members also enjoy a comprehensive benefits program including the following!
We are very pet friendly and offer pet insurance!
Medical, Dental and vision insurance
401(k) with company match
Paid Time off – Vacation, sick and benefit days
Short term and long term disability
On site Gym/ Gym reimbursement
Comprehensive employee recognition programs
A competitive compensation package that rewards high-performers
Continued Training through Schomp and the dealer manufacturer
Opportunities for career advancement
Employees are eligible for discounts on vehicles, parts and service
Our Employees Come First
Customers have a great experience if they work with employees that love their work
Schomp Automotive Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The compensation range represents the low and high end of the compensation range for this position. Actual compensation will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience and performance. The range listed is just one component of the total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include bonuses, Paid Time Off policy, region- specific benefits.