The 2018 finalist for best places to work in Colorado is looking for a Shop Foreman to join one of the top BMW dealerships in the nation. Schomp employees provide the highest level of service and deliver a great experience for everyone that works for and with Schomp Automotive.
- Our employees come first
- Customers have a great experience if they work with employees that love their work.
- Upward mobility
- We promote from within. Employees have the opportunity to apply and interview for open job positions that match their abilities and resume.
- Employee Discounts
- Employees are eligible for discounts on vehicles, parts, and service through the seven manufacturers we represent.
- Medical and Dental coverage
- 401K with a company match
- Paid vacation
- On-Site gym
- Employee Assistance Program with free counseling sessions
As a BMW Shop Foreman you will…
- Effectively manage a high volume of work
- Be able to adapt to a fast-paced, productive and dynamic environment
- Plans, organizes, leads, and controls the flow of service work through the service department in a professional, timely manner while ensuring quality repairs
- Maintains consistency with all “work in process” with Team Leads
- As needed, performs all service technician functions, including diagnosing and inspecting vehicles to make recommendations to customers of needed repairs and potential problem areas
- As needed, Performs preventative maintenance, repairs and parts replacements on any other vehicle that comes to the shop for repair
- Keeps an inventory of all equipment, and parts that are used for repairs and maintenance
- Oversees all activities in the shop, from receiving parts and equipment to usage in vehicle repairs/maintenance
- Conduct fuel and electrical diagnostics
- Assists in recruiting, hiring, and supervising qualified technicians
- Is responsible for all scheduling of Technicians
- Prepares Work Orders and Invoices for billing
- Assists employees to clock in and out of HRIS systems
- Assists employees in accounting for their individual Productivity and Efficiency
- Assists employees in developing more efficient methods for completing work
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow through
- Exceptional time management
- Ability to work non-traditional hours to support customer needs
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends, and as needed to ensure completion of customer resolutions
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- ALL ASE Certifications up to date
- 6-9 years of experience in vehicle repair, including administrative and supervisory experience
- Must have thorough understanding of diesel and gasoline engines
- Valid Driver’s license
- Desire to continue education
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize important activities.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness, energy, and endurance
- Demonstrates excellent attention to detail
- Must be legally and technically able to safely operate Schomp and customer-owned vehicles
- MUST have BMW Technician Certifications
- Must be insurable by Schomp insurance
- Will primarily work in a shop environment
- 70% standing
- 30% walking, bending, stooping, twisting, kneeling, etc.
- Adequate physical ability including sufficient manual dexterity to operate hand tools, machinery, computers, diagnostic tools, and other shop machines in order to perform the requisite job functions.
- Visual acuity to see details of objects that are less than a few feet away. Requires extended visual inspections of work area and components, as well as reading and entering information on computer screens.
- Must be able to sit or stand in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Adequate physical ability to maneuver inside, outside, and under a vehicle as required for diagnosis and repair.
- Requires frequent reaching, bending, repetitive hand movements, twisting, standing, walking, sitting, squatting, pushing, and pulling exerted regularly throughout a regular work shift.
- Requires frequent lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions in both summer and winter.
- Regular, punctual attendance is required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position
- Evening and weekend work will be required as job duties demand.