Schomp BMW is seriously growing and we are looking for our next Apprentice Technician, someone who loves the brand, is skilled and eager to learn, and who wants to build their passion into a real and lucrative career working for one of the nation's top BMW dealerships!
Why work for Schomp?
At the end of the day, a professional Technician's knowledge, skill and presence as a team member is central – it is the backbone of everything we do in the automotive industry! We are looking for a person with the right mix of experience in the workforce, drive, skill, and know how – and desire to build a long-lasting career – to enter into an industry leading apprenticeship where you learn how to make a living working on some of the most exciting and technologically advanced vehicles on the market.
- Partnership with pro-level BMW expert technicians to show you the ropes of BMW engineering and the automotive industry
- A clear and not-murky pathway to Mainline Technician career, advancement and income
- Highly competitive comp package that rewards you for productivity and efficiency.
- Tenure bonus after 1 year of service!
- An employee-focused paid time off program, including unused sellback
- Full suite of insurances – medical, dental, life, pet, etc (you saw that right)
- On site Fitness Center or fitness reimbursement.
- Company match 401(k)
- Committed to your career: ongoing dealership and manufacturer training and leadership development opportunities.
- With each expansion, there is an ever-growing wealth of career opportunities.
- As always, one of the best perks of automotive: employee discounts
- A sane and fair dispatch system that has you in mind.
- A state-wide favorite: family owned and community – loved company.
What You'll Do:
- As an Automotive Apprentice Technician / Mechanic, you will Service vehicles in a timely manner for routine scheduled maintenance
- You'll inspect vehicle engines and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately, and accurately recommend replacement/repair as needed.
- You'll efficiently and accurately repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issues, maintaining productivity goals.
What You Need:
- Paid dealership experience preferred but not required for the right person with the right attitude and skills.
- You should have the ability to work independently with limited supervision and demonstrate the motivation to continually increase your knowledge & technical skills.
- You should be a positive team player: our company successes have been built on mature/dedicated teams who love what they do, and treat others with respect.
- You should be intent on building a lucrative career in the automotive service industry!
- **You must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable MVR.**
Schomp Automotive Group is an Equal Opportunity EmployerThe compensation range represents the low and high end of the compensation range for this position. Actual compensation will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience and performance. The range listed is just one component of the total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include bonuses, Paid Time Off policy, region- specific benefits.