Location: Aurora and Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Career Area: Service
Employment Type: Full Time
Position Type: Salary plus commission
Pay Range: $120,000 – $150,000 per year
It’s a great year for growth and Schomp Automotive is partnering up with other great organizations and focusing on ongoing growth. Based on our projections we will need to bring in top talent from outside the organization and are looking for leaders in their fields for sales, service and parts as well as General Managers. Grow with us, advance your career with Schomp Automotive Group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a seasoned professional with a complete operational understanding of current and advanced fixed operations including Service Drive Process, Shop Structure & Operations, Service BDC Integration, and Superior Customer Relations Skills. The Service Manager must possess strong leadership and coaching skills, the ability to operate the department at maximum efficiency, controlling expenses, building customer loyalty, nurturing team member enthusiasm, setting and achieving financial objectives, maintaining adequate records, and at all times providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Responsible for the Service department customer satisfaction scores, which must be maintained at or above the manufacturer’s benchmark level.
- Maintain departmental compliance with manufacturer warranty and policy procedures.
- Ensure an efficient team environment, support Shop Foreman with providing correct work mix.
- Ability to correctly set and maintain team budgets to meet store gross profit expectations.
- Meet with Service Advisors regularly to review goals/objectives. Develop and support action plans to help the Service team achieve their goals/objectives.
- Advanced knowledge of fixed operations, management, and wholesale relations.
- Responsible for Service Department metrics including: Shop targets on Comebacks, Productivity, Efficiency, CP/RO ELR targets, and CP hours per RO targets.
- Interact with all customers in an enthusiastic, professional, courteous and helpful manner, striving for complete customer satisfaction at all times. Promptly follow-up with customers and fully answer their questions and address their concerns.
- Address customer complaints immediately.
- Follow company-approved operational procedures, including plate, key and lot management procedures.
- Continually maintain and upgrade “Product Knowledge” of the products and services the company sell and of “competing” products and services.
- Oversee safety standards to ensure that the service area and shop comply with safety policies and OSHA guidelines. Routinely inspect all areas to maintain a safe environment.
- Understand, keep up to date and comply with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Provide regular coaching to employees, allow the opportunity for feedback, correct poor behavior, follow performance management standards.
- Responsible for continued development and training of departmental employees.
- Recruit and train new team members of departmental processes.
- Adhere to the Company’s Core Values of Competitive, Consistent, Adaptable, Respectful, and Empathetic.
- Evening and Saturday work will be required. Scheduled shifts will be determined by the manager, with rotating shifts throughout the work week.
Job Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Must have Automotive Service Manager experience
- Must have automotive dealership experience
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Ability to adapt and support new processes and changes to help in employee and customer satisfaction.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain emotional control in stressful situations.
- Able to use/learn to use: ASR, Xtime, dealer DMS system, Microsoft Office Products, Google Suite and other software products as required.
Education, Experience and Certification:
- Three years experience as an Automotive Dealership Service Manager.
- 4 year degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Must possess and maintain an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver license.
- Ability to drive manual transmission vehicles.
Our team members enjoy a positive working environment with opportunities for professional growth through training and advancement from within the organization. Our team members also enjoy a comprehensive benefits program including the following!
- We are very pet friendly and offer pet insurance!
- Medical, Dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid Time off – Vacation, sick and benefit days
- Short term and long term disability
- Accident insurance
- On site Gym/ Gym reimbursement
- Comprehensive employee recognition programs
- A competitive compensation package that rewards high-performers
- Continued Training through Schomp and the dealer manufacturer
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Employees are eligible for discounts on vehicles, parts and service
Our Employees Come First
- Customers have a great experience if they work with employees that love their work
Schomp Automotive Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The compensation range represents the low and high end of the compensation range for this position. Actual compensation will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience and performance. The range listed is just one component of the total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include bonuses, Paid Time Off policy, region- specific benefits.