Location: Aurora and Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Career Area: Service
Employment Type: Full Time
Position Type: Salary
It’s a great year for growth and Schomp Automotive is partnering up with other great organizations and focusing on ongoing growth. Based on our projections we will need to bring in top talent from outside the organization and are looking for leaders in their fields for sales, service and parts as well as General Managers. Grow with us, advance your career with Schomp Automotive Group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Service Manager is an experienced professional with complete operational understanding of current and advanced fixed operations including: Service Drive Process, Shop Structure & Operations, Service BDC Integration, and Superior Customer Relations Skills. The Service Manager must possess strong leadership and coaching skills, the ability to operate the department at maximum efficiency, controlling expenses, building customer loyalty, nurturing team member enthusiasm, setting and achieving financial objectives, maintaining adequate records, and at all times providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Responsible for the Service department customer satisfaction scores, which must be maintained at or above the manufacturer’s benchmark level.
- Maintain departmental compliance with manufacturer warranty and policy procedures.
- Ensure an efficient team environment, support Shop Foreman with providing correct work mix.
- Ability to correctly set and maintain team budgets to meet store gross profit expectations.
- Meet with Service Advisors regularly to review goals/objectives. Develop and support action plans to help the Service team achieve their goals/objectives.
- Advanced knowledge of fixed operations, management, and wholesale relations.
- Responsible for Service Department metrics including: Shop targets on Comebacks, Productivity, Efficiency, CP/RO ELR targets, and CP hours per RO targets.
- Interact with all customers in an enthusiastic, professional, courteous and helpful manner, striving for complete customer satisfaction at all times. Promptly follow-up with customers and fully answer their questions and address their concerns.
- Address customer complaints immediately.
- Follow company-approved operational procedures, including plate, key and lot management procedures.
- Continually maintain and upgrade “Product Knowledge” of the products and services the company sell and of “competing” products and services.
- Oversee safety standards to ensure that the service area and shop comply with safety policies and OSHA guidelines. Routinely inspect all areas to maintain a safe environment.
- Understand, keep up to date and comply with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Provide regular coaching to employees, allow the opportunity for feedback, correct poor behavior, follow performance management standards.
- Responsible for continued development and training of departmental employees.
- Recruit and train new team members of departmental processes.
- Adhere to the Company’s Core Values of Competitive, Consistent, Adaptable, Respectful, and Empathetic.
- Evening and Saturday work will be required. Scheduled shifts will be determined by the manager, with rotating shifts throughout the work week.
Job Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- **Automotive Service Manager Experience Required**
- Ability to adopt and support new processes and changes to help in employee and customer satisfaction.
- Must maintain a professional appearance and follow brand dress code.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain emotional control in stressful situations.
- Able to use/learn to use: ASR, Xtime, dealer DMS system, Microsoft Office Products, Google Suite and other software products as required.
Education, Experience and Certification:
- Three years experience as an Automotive Service Manager.
- 4 year degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Must possess and maintain an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver license.
- Must hold a current State sales license or have the ability to obtain a sales license as required by the State.
- Ability to drive manual transmission vehicles.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to speak clearly so listeners can understand, as well as ability to understand the speech of another person.
- Adequate physical ability including sufficient manual dexterity, including ability to operate computers, tablets, phones, key-boxes and other office machines to perform the requisite job functions.
- Visual acuity to see details of objects that are less than a few feet away. Requires extended screen time, including reading and entering information in multiple computer screens.
- Must be able to sit or stand in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to climb into and out of cars numerous times each day.
- Requires frequent reaching, bending, repetitive hand movements, twisting, standing, walking, sitting, squatting, pushing, and pulling exerted regularly throughout a regular work shift.
Schomp Automotive Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pay: $80,000.00 – $150,000.00 per year