Fairfield Automotive is opening a brand new Volkswagen Dealership in Fairfield, California. We’re driven by our values; We are a Competitive group – We want to WIN. We are Adaptable – Willing to change if there is a better way to deliver a great experience for our guests. We demonstrate Unwavering Ethics – Do it right or fix it fast. We are Collaborative – Teamwork is key to our success. And finally, we want to demonstrate Empathy – The power of authentic connection.
At Fairfield Automotive, we believe that Work-Life Integration is more than just a catchphrase. Our dealership will be closed on Sundays because we know family time is the most important time.
Our new home is getting a new look-we think it will be the nicest Volkswagen Center in Northern California, equipped with state-of-the-art employee and guest amenities. Our organization is a place with limitless advancement opportunities…if you’re looking for a home, not just a job, we hope you will consider Volkswagen of Fairfield.
A competitive compensation package that rewards high-performers
Employee pricing and incentives
401(k) with company match
Medical, Dental, and Prescription coverage – active on the 1st following 30 days of employment
Company-paid Life Insurance
Paid time off
As an F&I Assistant with Volkswagen of Fairfield, you are responsible for contributing to a positive customer experience and company cash flow by expediting accurate paperwork for signing and funding through lenders.
The successful candidate will do the following:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, as assigned. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must prioritize deals to ensure customers are handled within the 1 Hour promise time.
• Responsible for packaging deals and funding contracts.
• Must accurately receipt cash deposits and ensure all monies are received on transactions.
• Process After-Sales transactions.
• Update Funding Manager on any problematic deals.
• Accurately watch and update the Contract In Transit (CIT) account; update notes in Axcessa for all unfunded deals.
• Work with sales staff to reconcile fund delays.
• Responsible for checking reserve payments and contacting banks when funds are short.
• Maintain deposit log, ensure accuracy.
• Maintain forms inventory.
• Send/scan all F&I contracts (CNA, etc.) for remittance daily, logging all contracts sent.
• Responsible for customer data privacy; keeping computers and files protected.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by management.
• Does not work directly with customers.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
• Must be self-motivated with an ability to manage and organize time and activities.
• Demonstrate high character and achieve high results.
• Ability to adapt and support new processes and changes to help in employee and customer satisfaction.
• Excellent process orientation and extremely accountable for self and sales operations.
• Possess an outstanding work ethic.
• Superior customer service skills.
• Maintain effective team member relations.
• Ability to maintain emotional control in stressful situations.
• Able to use/learn to use: dealer DMS system, Microsoft Office Products, Google Suite and other software products as required.
• Willing to submit to a pre-employment background check, MVR check, and drug test with results that are consistent with Company hiring standards.
Education, Experience, and Certification:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to speak clearly so listeners can understand, as well as the ability to understand the speech of another person.
• Adequate physical ability including sufficient manual dexterity, including the ability to operate computers, tablets, phones, and other office machines to perform the required job functions.
• Requires extended screen time, including reading and entering information on multiple computer screens.
• Must be able to sit or stand in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
• Regular, punctual attendance is required.
This position operates in a professional dealership environment.
Evening and Saturday work will be required as job duties demand. Scheduled shifts will be determined by the manager, with rotating shifts throughout the workweek.
Must maintain a clean, safe working environment at all times.
Must perform duties in all weather conditions.
Volkswagen of Fairfield is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Finance Assistant Position has a Pay Scale consisting of the following elements and ranges. Wages include Base Hourly Compensation of between $20.00 and $25.00. The position may also pay commission compensation which is based on the value or amount of closed sales achieved from $0.00 (if no sales are made) without any upper limit other than sales performance. The position also may also pay a production bonus based on individual or team performance that may range from $0.00 (if baseline benchmarks are not met) without any fixed upper limit.