The commitment Schomp Automotive has to its communities goes back to the founding. Giving back continues to go hand-in-hand with our business’s success.
We’re excited to announce that we’ve branded this philosophy of giving back to our community.Enter … Schomp SPARK, with the ultimate goal of sustaining and supporting the communities where we live and work. We focus on children’s initiatives, specifically wellness and education, but we offer general community support as well.
You can learn more about Schomp SPARK at SchompSPARK.com .
Another important component of Schomp SPARK is Stewardship. Schomp understands that our communities need support when unforeseen events occur. We’re here to help where we are able.
Many of you have asked how you can be involved. The answer is … Volunteer!
Schomp SPARK is a team effort, launched earlier this year, to improve our communities by getting involved in a variety of giving and volunteerism opportunities. This makes a difference both in the world around us and for us personally because volunteerism is good for others and our own mental health. It can:
- Reduce stress and improve mood
- Combat depression and prevent feelings of isolation
- Increase motivation by providing a sense of accomplishment
- Build confidence and help grow additional skill sets
- Give a valuable sense of purpose and meaning
- Ignite passion and offer an energizing escape from daily routines
In a nutshell, volunteering makes us happy. Research shows that feel-good hormones and brain activity spike during volunteer activities. Humans are designed to be in community, serving one another.
Three upcoming opportunities for volunteering as a Schomp SPARK!
• Honda Week of Service – June 7-17th. We will again be making blankets at Honda for the kiddos at Children’s Hospital Colorado.
• Our partners at Humane Society of South Platte Valley have their Woof & Wine fundraiser, Friday, June 7th upstairs at MINI. The Schomp-sponsored Pet Mobile will be here throughout the summer, and volunteer opportunities abound.
• Schomp Subaru’s June campaign is “Loves to Care.” We’ll take blankets to oncology patients at Children’s Hospital Colorado.
If you’re interested in being active in Schomp SPARK email: Carla.Finn@Schomp.com.