Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Service Technician is responsible for troubleshooting vehicle issues and fixing them; well-versed in complex mechanical or electrical systems of vehicles and excellent problem-solving abilities.
- The Service Technician will inspect vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately.
- Service vehicles in a timely manner for routine scheduled maintenance in accordance with dealer and manufacturer recommendations; aiming to extend vehicle functionality and longevity.
- Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issues.
- Inform the Shop Foreman/Manager of difficulties with repairs and the need for additional repairs.
- Comebacks: Limit comebacks to less than two percent (2%) of total repair assignments.
- Self-Development: Attend training seminars, shop meetings and service schools.
- Customer Relations: Attentive to customer needs and responsive to customer inquiries where appropriate.
- Team Effort: Demonstrates a concern for meeting departmental needs through activities such as accepting overtime work, following up on needed parts, helping other technicians and training apprentices.
- Productivity: Achieve an average productivity rate of at least ninety-two to ninety-four percent (92%-94%).
- Efficiency: Maintain a minimum efficiency rate of one hundred ten to one hundred fifteen percent (110%-115%).
- Practice safe work habits and use personal protective equipment as required.
- Any other task required by your manager.
Job Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Must maintain a positive and enthusiastic attitude in all that we do.
- Demonstrate high character and achieve high results.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and provide friendly customer service.
- Maintain effective team member relations.
- Ability to maintain emotional control in stressful situations.
- Must maintain a clean, safe working environment at all times
- Able to use dealer DMS system, technical software and manufacturers’ diagnostic equipment as required.
- Must read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records.
- Familiar with current technical developments and products, and the ability to stay current with technical bulletins and product updates.
- Handle customer vehicles with care, keep them clean and take precautions to protect all customer vehicles while at the dealership.
- Ensuring the customer experience is the best in the business.
Education and Certifications:
- Prior experience as an automotive technician or thorough technical training. Mechanical skills must be sufficient to diagnose and repair given sufficient product training.
- The ability to work independently with limited supervision and the motivation to continually increase technical skills should be evident.
- The self-concept of a professional should be coupled with concern for quality service and customer satisfaction.
- A complete and up-to-date set of tools is required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must possess and maintain an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- Ability to drive manual transmission vehicles
- Tech school/training completion certificate
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reaching, bending, twisting, ability to operate hand tools. Requires frequent lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds unassisted. Adequate physical ability including sufficient manual dexterity to perform the requisite job functions, including the ability to maneuver inside, outside, and under a vehicle as required for diagnosis and repair. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Requires frequent bending, reaching, repetitive hand movements, standing, walking, squatting and sitting, with some heavy lifting, pushing and pulling exerted regularly throughout a regular work shift. Ability to work with arms and hands above head for extended periods of time. Ability to work in extreme weather conditions in both summer and winter.
- Our employees come first
- Customers have a great experience if they work with employees that love their work.
- Upward mobility
- We promote from within. Employees have the opportunity to and interview for open job positions that match their abilities and resume.
- Employee Discounts
- Employees are eligible for discounts on vehicles, parts, and service through the seven manufacturers we represent.
- Medical and Dental coverage
- Pet insurance
- EAP- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K with a company match
- Paid vacation
- Employee Assistance Program with free counseling sessions
Schomp Automotive Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer