Location: Farmington, Utah
Career Area: Service
Employment Type: Full Time
Mercedes Benz of Farmington is looking for a seasoned Shop Foreman. We need someone who has experience in a luxury dealership with a passion for quality and dedication. The Shop Foreman plans, organizes, leads and controls the flow of service work through the service department in a professional, timely manner while ensuring quality repairs at a fair cost to the customer.
- We offer competitive pay and relocation packages!
- Medical, Dental and Prescription coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee discounts on vehicle purchases, parts and service
- Paid time-off
- Supplemental benefit plans including short-term disability, long-term disability, supplemental life insurance and All-State Insurance products.
- On site Gym
- Maintain Customer Satisfaction Index rating at least comparable to that of the manufacturer, zone or branch average. Maintain a dealership-prescribed standard for “hours per customer repair order written.”
- Luxury brand Shop Foreman experience highly desired.
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes, OSHA right-to-know, etc.
- Ensure that all documents are accounted for.
- Accomplish the forecast that has been established by the general manager and service manager.
- Maintain contact with service customers on a timely basis and in a professional manner.
- Check job status as often as necessary, but at least twice each shift.
- Report to customer any change in time promised and notify him or her of any additional repairs that may be required. Open and close repair orders.
- Check customer credit status. Handle routine complaints and make adjustments for jobs that require one hour or less. Recommend adjustments greater than this to the Service Manager.
- Prepare a list of equipment, supplies and repairs required, and review with the Service Manager as needed.
- Assign work to technicians.
- Ensure that technicians follow warranty material disposition procedures.
- Prepare estimates when required. Review any estimate over $ with the Service Manager before quoting.
- Administer safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Review hard copies turned in by technicians to ensure that assigned work has been performed and the repair order has been completed properly.
- Spot-check repairs to assure quality and timely completion.
- Communicate carefully and completely with the next shift supervisor by an agreed-upon method
- (notes, computer files, verbally, etc.)
- Schedule maintenance of service vehicles and equipment.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- At least one year of experience in an automotive repair facility.
- ASE certification is preferred.
- General mechanical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and in person.
- Professional personal appearance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This role may require walking, standing for long periods of time
- Ability to bend, and twist while carrying heavy boxes
- Ability to carry heavy boxes up stairs
- Work outdoors in all weather
Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position
- Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Schomp Automotive Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer