Mercedes-Benz of Farmington is looking for an experienced General Sales Manager to assist in the establishment and operation of a new Mercedes-Benz dealership in the Rocky Mountain Region. The ideal candidate must have extensive sales management knowledge and proven leadership experience. Candidates must present a proven record of successfully delivering on goals while maintaining the highest customer satisfaction. The General Sales Manager will manage the efficient and profitable operations of the sales department. This position offers excellent income potential and career growth. Become a part of a championship team on the cutting edge of the automotive industry.
Apply at careers.schomp.com.
Mercedes-Benz of Farmington provides a rare blend of outstanding leadership and a culture that is distinctively people-oriented. We offer you a professional working environment with continuous training and performance excellence as a team member of one of the Rocky Mountain Region’s oldest and most successful automotive groups.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The General Sales Manager position requires an experienced professional with complete operational understanding of current and advanced sales operations, including floor process, internet process, phones, customer service skills, inventory management, and leadership capabilities. The ideal candidate will also possess very strong leadership and coaching skills. He/she will operate the department at maximum efficiency, controlling expenses, building customer loyalty, nurturing team member enthusiasm, setting and achieving financial objectives and maintaining adequate records.
- Responsible for daily operations of the sales department.
- Hires, trains, supervises, and monitors the performance of the sales department managers and sales staff.
- Ensure grosses are correct and consistent in all systems.
- Ensure CRM utilized to it’s fullest extent 100% of the time.
- Fully responsible and accountable for the ratios on scheduled appointments made to actual shown appointments.
- Fully responsible and accountable for closing ratios.
- Fully responsible and accountable for look to book ratios and their accuracy.
- Fully responsible and accountable to ensure that all deals are set up properly to maximize F & I income.
- Report all floor traffic ratios, closing, look and book, cost to market and PVR gross to General Manager daily.
- Responsible for F & I gross PVR.
- Ensure that all tracking codes in CRM are input accurately.
- Ensures that all sales processes are followed 100% of the time. Making sure all processes are current and relevant.
- Effectively manage new care inventory, turns, day’s supply, proper stocking level of each model line.
- Addresses customer complaints immediately.
- Ensure high level of customer satisfaction, meeting or exceeding manufacturer’s benchmark.
- Audit company websites to ensure maximum lead generation (call to action, photos, vehicle details, specials, etc.).
- Manage lead providers/aggregators and hold accountable for fair return on investment.
- Verify all pages of website, ancillary sites, are correct with current promotions and pricing.
- Create and update as needed communication formats emails/scripts.
- Manage Lead distribution strategy to sales team.
- Manage process to follow-up unsold appointments.
- Verify the recording in CRM of all events in processing leads up to and including the appointment.
- Establish monthly objectives for unit sales and gross profits.
- Participates in the preparations of the annual dealership forecast by projecting unit sales, gross profits, expenses, and operating profits for the sales department.
- Fulfills responsibilities primarily through effective personnel management, knowledge of market potential, established performance standards.
- Additional duties may be assigned at the discretion of management.
JOB REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Previous Automotive Sales Management experience is required.
- Retail intensity everyday regardless of the time of the month.
- Familiarity with CRM is preferred, not required.
- Ability to use DealerTrack DMS and Microsoft office products.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Must be self-motivated with an ability to manage and organize time and activities.
- Ability to adopt and support new processes and changes to help in employee and customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate high character and achieve high results.
- Excellent process orientation and extremely accountable for self and sales operations.
- Possess outstanding work ethic.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Maintain effective team member relations.
- Ability to maintain emotional control in stressful situations.
- The self-concept of a professional should be coupled with concern for quality service and customer service.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- Business or related degree (or equivalent experience)
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Most possess and maintain an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- Ability to drive manual transmission vehicles.
- Must hold a current State of Utah sales license or have the ability to obtain a sales license as required by the State of Utah.
Our team members enjoy a positive working environment with opportunities for professional The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Adequate physical ability including sufficient manual dexterity to perform the requisite job functions. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Requires frequent bending, reaching, repetitive hand movements, standing, walking, squatting and sitting, with some heavy lifting (20 pounds) unassisted, pushing and pulling exerted regularly throughout a regular work shift.
Our team members enjoy a positive working environment with opportunities for professional growth through training and advancement from within the organization. Our team members also enjoy a comprehensive benefits program including:
- A competitive compensation package that rewards high-performers
- Medical, Dental and Prescription coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee discounts on vehicle purchases, parts and service
- Paid time-off
- We also offer a group of supplemental benefit plans including short-term disability, long-term disability, supplemental life insurance and All-State Insurance products.
- Comprehensive employee recognition programs
- Continued training through Schomp Automotive Group and the manufacturer
- Opportunities for career advancement
Employees will observe all policies and guidelines as set forth by the Company. Employees must be attentive to customer needs and responsive to customer inquiries. Must maintain clean and orderly work area. Submit to and successfully complete background check, and pre-employment drug test
Mercedes-Benz of Farmington, a member of the Schomp Automotive Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer